I was so happy to see that with a little gas my ninjette fired to life without even needing choke! Everything is working properly, 14.5v charging, all lights, electric start, it is perfect! I didn’t have the baffle in on this video so it should sound better soon. Although I was amazed at how not loud it was with the straight pipe. I honestly don’t think I’ll even need to jet it, but only riding will tell.
…Like my IV? Pretty proud of it 🙂
Well the Ninja has just a smidgen of work left before it can be my daily! I snapped a few preliminary shots of it because I am too excited to keep it hidden in my shop. From day one this build has taken me just shy of two months (if you don’t count the 2 weeks I was out of town). So it is one of my quickest frame up builds!
Left to do: grips and K&N air filter are in the mail, they need installed. Then I can start the tuning process which will take some time and frustration I’m sure. But VERY soon this bike will be 100% and I’ll be sure to take some classy pics of it ASAP.
I know I know…I did a horrible job updating this build. It went from nothing to done in 2 posts. I’m still not set up with an adequate camera situation. My GoPro isn’t good for it without a screen and poor low light quality. So I need to find a little powershot or something. This IS a priority!
I finally got around to upholstering the solo seat for the Ninja. I had procrastinated on it as long as possible because I knew it would be hard! Since the tank is coming back from paint tomorrow I was forced to get everything else in line so I spent a few hours and it wasn’t as painfully difficult as I had expected. Here is the final product. Painted/ finished pics to come!
So my first seat was really uninspiring and dragging down my whole mojo for this build. So I got my pan plastic out and started to cut. Came up with a better design (I think) that flowed onto the tank a bit. With one layer of 1/2″ neoprene it still wasn’t putting a smile on my face…So I began to pile foam on foam on foam, then took my angle grinder out (over kill much?) and began torturing the seat until it conformed to my booty like a glove. I’m happy with this final product, I can’t wait to try to upholster it!
Geeez I’ve been horrible about updating this thing. Right now I’m prepping the tank for paint…but more on that soon!
I got the battery box (hidden under the tank nicely) and little perforated trim pieces welded on the Ninja finally. I am going to take some thin steel round stock and finish up the trim, then I can paint the frame back to black. I’ve decided to paint the tank and swing arm a very dark purple or blue. So my next job is to prep the tank…which is going to take a lot of work.
I just got back from my trip to Jamaica and first thing I did was go out to the shop and get to work! I got a lot done on the ninja today, including new headlight, clip ons, fork brace, tail loop, seat pan, foam shaped, sub frame supports and brace, and started wiring!
Today I will get the wiring as done as possible. Still need to build a battery box.