I know I’ve been slow here the past few weeks. Mostly waiting on parts. I got the new 17″ rim, sent off for the custom spokes and they just arrived yesterday. I immediately assembled the front end. First I loosely lace the wheel, then put it on the truing stand to square it up.
Big difference from the 12″ rim!
With the front end all assembled we have this!
Super excited to be running inverted forks on this bike. Also to have the disk front brake and soon-to-be clipons. Next step is to get really creative to make the steering stem on the new triple fit the original neck and bearings…I will post what I do, it may get a little hairy!
Sheesh these forks were deceivingly difficult to disassemble! Mostly because every bolt and spring was seized and every seal blown…
First I took stock of what I needed, fork oil, seals, new spring boots (gators), and a marked cylinder were the basics.
Then once i knew I was prepared, disassembly began!
While I have the tire off, mind as well balance it and clean it up!
This looks funny…
little…a LOT of elbow grease, ultrasonic cleaning, and effort, all the parts are ready for reassembly.
OH NO! The fork seals I ordered aren’t the right size! But the eBay listing said it was for my bike…shoot. I called them and they’re sending me the correct ones. I hope they arrive soon because I don’t like leaving little pip propped up in the middle of the shop forever…Until next time…