So I finished wiring the bike awhile ago but forgot to even check for spark! Or maybe I was subconsciously afraid of what I might find. Sure enough when I turned it over with the plugs out there was nothing. All new NGK D8EA plugs, tried it with four different coils, and two sets of TCI units. So after all that I pretty much have it narrowed down to the pulser, which is not much of a surprise. That’s probably the reason the bike got parked for so many years before I found it anyway.
So here is the culprit! I adjusted the gap on them and was able to get very intermittent spark from one coil…So I’m pretty sure these bad boys need to be replaced. Luckily I have a parts bike in the yard (Arkansas style!) so I don’t have to spend another $100 for this unforeseen set back.
On a brighter note I got my starter button in the mail today and immediately set it up, it’s nice and subtle.
Works great! Once I mount the tail light the wiring will be 100% complete. Oh and replace the silly little pulser…