It kicked my arse but turned out in the end!
This is still one of my first seats. It was quite a challenge! I cut/ formed the seat pan from scratch, foamed/ shaped the style. Then upholstered it. I feel so accomplished knowing I made this 100% from blank stock materials! Not too shabby eh?
Still have a lot to learn though…And even longer way to go before I can really call myself a seat upholsterer.
Man this weather has been killing me! I can’t get a lick o’ work done when it is 2 degrees outside and in my shop! We’ve been having snow and ice storms and have more coming down the pike. So I haven’t had much to share on here. But since my sewing machine is in the house I have been practicing with it. I re-did the rising sun seat for the XS750 a 3rd time! And this one I am actually proud of! This is the best pic of it for now…
Also did my first commissioned seat. Which turned out very nicely I must say. Granted it was like the most simple seat pan ever. It is just part of a cafe style seat.
I’m also working on a chair for my step dad, which I’ll post later, and someone shipped me an old stock seat for their triumph that I’m doing right now. First time working with a stock pan and foam…it is HARD! But coming along nicely. Just need to form it to the seat now.
That was the second attempt at the cover…the first was a big lesson! I’m learning tons with each seat I love it so much!
So I changed my plans yet again on the gas tank…I ended up going back to the original tank after all that humming and hawing. Kevin took it yesterday for paint. He is going to mix dark blue with gold to make a deep metallic green. It sounds amazing and I hope it turns out well! I won’t see it for at least 2 weeks, which is fine because that will give me time to do the wiring.
Here is the gas tank that is being painted right now…sweet flames!
Today the CB750 rolled on its own! I finally got the CORRECT chain and sprockets so I was able to put the rear wheel together and mount it for good. I also loaded the front forks with 8oz of fork oil (4oz 10W and 4oz 15W) and finished bolting the front wheel on. Got a speedo hooked up and she’s really coming together!
Well…still might look kinda bare…
check back soon! I’m going to be building the battery box and wiring next, as well as the seat pan.