So I decided it was time to give my daily rider little pip some much needed attention. For starters, the seat needed better padding and nicer upholstery. Since I am about to be doing the CB750 seat, I figured it would be good to get some practice on the 125 to see if I can make a seat nice enough for the 750.
Step one was to cut up and stitch a new seat cover. Unfortunately I forgot to take good photos of the process, but after several hours on my mom’s sewing machine I managed to cook this up.
This was my first attempt but it turned out half decent, I’m pleased. I think my next shot for the CB750 will look very passable. So after I finished sewing that I just cut out and glued some neoprene to the seat pan. I then glued a layer of soft, thin foam on top of that for extra comfort and to keep the pleats puffy. Here is the finished product after I riveted the cover on and re-installed it to the bike. Note that I am still using the aluminum street sign seat pan I made for it originally!
I’m going to document the CB750 seat upholstery job much better I hope. Next I am going to rebuild the front forks on this little guy!