This is the nicest seat I’ve done yet. I’m a bit of a perfectionist…so even though most of my seats are FINE, I see all the little flaws and things I could have done better. But this one is the closest I’ve ever come to being completely happy with my upholstery job.
I recently went on a shopping spree for parts for some bikes I’ve got in store (and some I don’t yet have). I picked up a Hayabusa front and rear end to swap onto the CBX I have. I also picked up a CBR600rr front end just for having it. I don’t have a bike worthy of it right now. Lastly I grabbed a KTM 250xs front end, a RM125 front end, and a little KX65 front end for a small bike that I have yet to find…(CB125 or 200 perhaps?) Anyway…the point is I need more room! Luckily the new shop should be cleared for building by the 14th of July…So, that’s less than a month away!
It has been a waiting game for parts to arrive. The big bore kit came in, then the new intake valve, so I went to get the head done and the exhaust valve was worn out too so I ordered one and it finally got here. Dropped it all off at the shop to do a valve job including new valves, HD springs, and new valve seal (yes only one…for some reason they designed it that way). Still waiting to get the head back. Then I’ll put it all back together and finish up the motor mounts. In the mean time I polished up the case and will eventually remove the clutch side cover to polish it too. The whole motor will be polished aluminum. Not great pictures and I didn’t get it to be like a perfect mirror, but you can definitely see your reflection in it. Good enough for me 🙂
The rotor puller came in the mail too finally so I’ll pop that off to clean up and inspect the points and advance unit etc.
I know I’ve been slow here the past few weeks. Mostly waiting on parts. I got the new 17″ rim, sent off for the custom spokes and they just arrived yesterday. I immediately assembled the front end. First I loosely lace the wheel, then put it on the truing stand to square it up.
Big difference from the 12″ rim!
With the front end all assembled we have this!
Super excited to be running inverted forks on this bike. Also to have the disk front brake and soon-to-be clipons. Next step is to get really creative to make the steering stem on the new triple fit the original neck and bearings…I will post what I do, it may get a little hairy!
Sheesh these forks were deceivingly difficult to disassemble! Mostly because every bolt and spring was seized and every seal blown…
First I took stock of what I needed, fork oil, seals, new spring boots (gators), and a marked cylinder were the basics.
Then once i knew I was prepared, disassembly began!
While I have the tire off, mind as well balance it and clean it up!
This looks funny…
little…a LOT of elbow grease, ultrasonic cleaning, and effort, all the parts are ready for reassembly.
OH NO! The fork seals I ordered aren’t the right size! But the eBay listing said it was for my bike…shoot. I called them and they’re sending me the correct ones. I hope they arrive soon because I don’t like leaving little pip propped up in the middle of the shop forever…Until next time…