Some before and after pics of a side cover.
It has been a waiting game for parts to arrive. The big bore kit came in, then the new intake valve, so I went to get the head done and the exhaust valve was worn out too so I ordered one and it finally got here. Dropped it all off at the shop to do a valve job including new valves, HD springs, and new valve seal (yes only one…for some reason they designed it that way). Still waiting to get the head back. Then I’ll put it all back together and finish up the motor mounts. In the mean time I polished up the case and will eventually remove the clutch side cover to polish it too. The whole motor will be polished aluminum. Not great pictures and I didn’t get it to be like a perfect mirror, but you can definitely see your reflection in it. Good enough for me 🙂
The rotor puller came in the mail too finally so I’ll pop that off to clean up and inspect the points and advance unit etc.
Mission success! I got the motor completely mounted in the frame today…Took all day though. Lots of cutting, drilling, and welding. I’m so glad I got a drill press, it makes life SO much easier!
Here are some of my mount welds…
There is a fine line between under and over building stuff like this. One welder quick tip, PREP PREP PREP! The cleaner the metal the cleaner the weld.
Now to work out any kinks I’ve created.