I FINALLY got the front end together and got to see a rolling frame for the first time. This was probably the largest obstacle on this build and with it out of the way, it should move quickly…If it would warm up a bit..
I have to thank Jay for everything on this front end swap. He helped me to machine all the spacers and sleeves and lengthen the stem to fit the longer neck. It took about 4 hours and was an awesome learning experience.
.I realize it may look a little iffy at a glance. But I assure you it is very nicely done and stronger than stock. The extension piece is a part of the stock stem, the bottom and top half are the new stem that I just cut in half, machined the pieces so they press fit together and then welded for double security. Works perfectly!
I picked up the head today too. So if it is decent out tomorrow I’ll start to put the motor back together.