So after a long hard search…for about 15 minute on craigslist…I found an ’82 Honda XL100s which should be perfect for my purposes. It is the later model with the 2 part cast head, so parts are readily available. The big bonus being that it is a street legal XR100 so it has a lighting coil, which I hope works! So I drove 2 and a half hours to Springfield MO to get the darn thing. Supposedly rebuilt and with great compression. Get there to find out it has zero compression, has never been cracked open, has a cross threaded plug, and exhaust studs broken off. YIKES! I don’t blame Trevor…He didn’t know. Anyway, here is the donor.
But to get it cheaper, since it is a total POS. I just pulled the motor and let him keep the rest.
Tomorrow I’ll try to mount the motor. Hope it goes well! If it does, then I’ll buy this for it.
And be one big step closer to getting this bike completed. This will not be a cheap build…
P.S. Also got the tank, to use on something soon!