Time to upholster! Lets see if my second attempt is any better (the first being on little pip, my cb125s)
First step is to cut a whole bunch of evenly sized pleats. I use marine grade vinyl only, and DOUBLE STITCH everything.
then I pinned and sewed each pleat together…very time consuming.
Now this was an experiment, I wanted to get the side done with one single piece. Luckily I bought a 54″ long sheet of vinyl, because that’s exactly how long it needed to be! I had no idea if this was going to work…but only one way to find out. Here I pinned it all around.
I stitched it up and it turned out just swell! I ended up cutting some really soft foam and glueing it between the pleats to puff them up a bit. once they cured I just riveted the upholstery to the pan and vuala! I got excited and forgot to take pictures of me riveting…oops.
Worked out though.
Finally I mounted it up to the bike and I’m very pleased!! I like this upholstery thing, it’s pretty fun stuff. Took me all day, but I’ll get quicker, and better as I do it more. This is only my second go at it.
Hope my jets will be in tomorrow…then I can finally make this thing run!